How To Eat Flaxseed for Heart Health, Lower Cholesterol Levels & More?
– Add flaxseeds to your diet.
– You can eat them in oatmeal, salads, smoothies, etc.
– They contain omega 3 fatty acids which help lower cholesterol levels.
– They also have anti-inflammatory properties that may help prevent heart disease.
– The fiber content of flaxseeds helps keep you regular by helping with digestion.
– It’s easy to add flaxseeds to any meal or snack.
Flax Seeds For Weight Loss – How Do I Use Them?
– Take 1 tablespoon of whole flaxseeds per day.
– Mix them into yogurt, cereal, salad dressing, soups, breads, muffins, pancakes, waffles, pasta dishes, sauces, dips, dressings, baked goods, etc.
– Sprinkle on top of vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, zucchini, carrots, peas, beans, potatoes, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers, eggplant, mushrooms, peppers,
– Grind 2 tablespoons of flaxseeds into flour using an electric grinder.
– Make sure they’re fresh before grinding as old ones will not work well.
– Store in airtight containers at room temperature up to 6 months.
– When cooking, mix one teaspoon of oil with two teaspoons of flaxseed flour.
– Heat over medium heat until hot but do not burn.
– Stir constantly while adding water slowly.
– Cook until thickened.
– Remove from heat and serve immediately.
Health Benefits Of Flaxseed
– Helps reduce bad cholesterol.
– May improve blood circulation.
– Contains lignans, phytosterols, antioxidants, vitamins A and B6, minerals such as calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium, iodine, potassium, niacin, riboflavin, thiamine, vitamin C, folate, pantothenic acid, biotin, choline, folic acid, and protein.
– Can aid weight loss.
– Promotes good health.
– Improves brain function.
– Reduces risk of cancer.
– Lowers triglycerides.
– Prevents cardiovascular diseases.
– Protects against osteoporosis.
– Boosts immune system.
– Good source of dietary fibre.
– Rich in essential oil.
Can I eat raw flax seeds?
– Yes, but you should avoid eating them in large quantities.
– They can cause digestive problems if eaten in excess.
– You can use them in smoothies.
– You can also make bread with them.
How much flaxseed should I eat a day?
– 1 tablespoon per day.
What happens if I eat flax seeds everyday?
Flax seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals. They also contain lignans, which are plant compounds that act as natural hormones.
Flax seeds are often used as a dietary supplement because of their health benefits. There are people who consume flax seeds daily without any side effects. Dr. Gregor recommends that you eat 1 tablespoon of flax seeds a day.
What are the side effects of eating flax seeds?
– Flax seeds can cause diarrhea. – Some people experience gas when consuming flax seed products.
– If you suffer from allergies, consult your doctor before trying out this product.
– Avoid drinking alcohol during consumption of flax seeds.
Side effects of flaxseed include:
- allergic reactions.
- diarrhea (oil)
- intestinal obstruction.
- stomach ache.
- gas (flatulence)
Is there anything else I need to know about flax seeds?
Yes, here are few things you must remember:
- Consume only organic flax seeds.
- Don’t store flax seeds in plastic bags. Instead, buy glass jars and store them away from sunlight.
- Keep flax seeds refrigerated once opened.
- Always grind freshly purchased flax seeds. Old flax seeds won’t give you the same results.
Source Blog: How to Eat Flax Seed?